- Be part of a great club;
- Contribute to cycling;
- Help make Mansfield a ‘cycle-friendly’ town;
- Insurance cover;
- Find people to ride with; and
- Join in on a regular schedule of riding events.
The Mansfield Mt Buller Cycling Club aims to promote cycling as a healthy social, recreational and sporting activity and to make a positive contribution to the Mansfield community.
You’ll find MMBCC members:
- Ride all types of bikes: racers, mountain bikes, hybrids, BMX, Track, etc;
- Ride for fitness, sport, and transport!
- Are aged between 5 to 85; and
- Most importantly, enjoy the post-ride coffee and chat almost as much as the ride itself!
You can join the club to compete, to help out, or just enjoy a social ride. You can ride a long way, or not very far at all. You can join in on organised and/or informal rides.
Joining the Club
Pay a fixed $10 (for juniors), $20 (for adults) or $50 (for families) annual club membership.
Then ADD an annual cycling organisation subscription depending on the type of riding you plan to do (this provides the necessary insurance cover):
- CycleSport Victoria – if you want to compete on road bikes;
- CSV also offer membership for recreational/social road riders who don't want to compete;
- MTBA – if you want to ride or race a Mountain Bike; or
- BMXA – if you want to compete on BMX.
There are various family memberships, junior rates, and ‘value adds’ for people who want to be involved in several types of riding.
For specific membership applications contact:
Road membership renewals
There are two ways to join or renew:
1. Do it online;
2. Fill out a form and bring it along to one of the races (with a cheque made out to MMBCC or the correct money!).
And there are three main types of membership: Open, 'Club' and Recreational. For more information on memberships, licenses, insurance and to download a printable membership form, go to:
All new memberships and renewals have a club fee added on: $20 for adults, $10 for juniors. If you renew online, this will be automatically added.
- To renew your Open license (so you can also race at other CA clubs' events) you can do this online. This is the easiest way for the club as we have no admin to do, we just get an email from CA confirming renewals. This is the best way! This is the link you need:
- If you renew but your card doesn't arrive by our first 2013 race in January, you can still race if you print out and bring along the confirmation email you receive when you renew.
Remember ... from January 1 onwards, you're not covered by the club's insurance if you don't renew. No 2013 card ... no race start!
The Club Only Membership forms can be downloaded from the following page on Cycling Australia's website:
Club Only Membership must be submitted manually using the above form.
All other categories of Road Membership should be done online as there is now a $5 processing fee imposed by Cycling Victoria on manual forms.
Club Only Membership Fees are as follows:
Elite and U23 $223
Masters $146 (Masters are age 30 or greater)
These amounts include the $20 MMBCC Membership Fee and the $5 Cycling Victoria Processing Fee.
- Once you've filled out the form, contact Geoff Jones - 0409 176 944 - email@example.com - cash or cheques made out to Mansfield Mt Buller Cycling Club Inc please.
Again ... from January 1 onwards, you're not covered by the club's insurance if you don't renew. No 2013 card ... no race start!
Another name change to Ride Membership (Silver).
Have a look at the following web page and give Geoff a call if you need to.
The pricing is shown on this page.
The other thing to note is that:
Silver Ride licences are available on a quarterly basis with four renewal dates each year (31 March, 30 June, 30 September and 31 December). If you join midway through a renewal period your licence will be eligible for the remainder of that period and the next twelve months (e.g. if you join on October 20 your membership will be valid until 31 December of the next year).
MTBA membership renewals
Firstly, you should get an email from MTBA when your membership renewal is due. Same as the road memberships, there will be a $20 club fee added to adult memberships, $10 for juniors (13-18yo). DirtMasters memberships (kids 3-12 yo) of $30 will NOT have a club fee added!
- You can download a Rider Membership form here:
- or you can pick up a membership form at Dirt Crits on a Monday night - just see whoever is on duty… or Yully or Katie Moore.
- If you're thinking of joining as an MTBA for the first time, you'll find lots of info on memberships here:
- But the easiest way is to join (or renew) online:
Call Paul Fletcher on 0409 356 396. He has all the info you need.
You can get heaps of information and download a form from the BMXA website here:
If you want to combine two of these memberships together, you can get a discount on the second membership, called a Value-Add. For instance, if you already have your MMBCC membership for road racing and you'd like to try Dirt Crits, you can get a discount on the MTBA membership you need. This process can be a minefield so best to ring or email one of the people below so they can help you get the best bang for your buck.
Still more questions?
Club Secretary: Katie Moore - 0415 369 297- firstname.lastname@example.org