ABOUT THE CLUB
- Club Races (Thursday evenings in summer, less often in winter). Usually 20 to 30 km, usually in a handicap format so that all abilities can participate;
- Informal training rides most Saturday and Sunday mornings;
- Informal training rides most weeknights over summer (during daylight savings).
- Use and contribute to an increasing network of local riding tracks and trails;
- Club Races (Monday evening ‘Dirt Crits’ at the Riflebutts Reserve);
- Informal training rides most weeks.
- A new part of our club;
- Offering race licenses to BMX racers;
- We are working with Mansfield Shire to get a new BMX track built near town.
- Regular visits by MMBCC members to the indoor velodrome at DISC at Fairfield to try out track cycling.
- Thursday night road races in summer conclude with dinner at a local pub or restaurant … or at a member’s house: ALL members are welcome! (It’s not limited just to those who race);
- Organised social rides the whole family can take part in.
- Coaching and encouragement of juniors in a safe environment … especially mountain bikes and BMX (once we get our track!)
- Join other members in having go at larger recreational rides such as Woody’s Murray to Moyne (an annual fundraiser for Mansfield District Hospital), Around The Bay In A Day, High Country Cycle Challenge and many more;
- Some MMBCC members also race with other clubs such as the Hume Vets;
- Graduate to State, National and International cycling: maybe you can be the next Simon Gerrans!
2012/13 Rider Development Grant
APPLY NOW! MMBCC Rider Development Grant 2012/13
As a club we're really pleased to announce the very first round of the MMBCC Rider Development Grants. These grants provide financial assistance of up to $2000 for talented MMBCC cyclists aged 25 and under.
The grant is designed to encourage and support the development of promising young riders in any of the club's cycling disciplines (road, mountain-biking or BMX).
To apply, simply fill in an application form (preferably electronically) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org before 31 December 2012.
For more information have a read of the guidelines and application form - and if you still have any questions feel free to contact Katie Moore on 0415 369 297.
Application form - CLICK HERE.
Road: Geoff Jones - 0409 176 944 - email@example.com
MTB: Hjalmar "Yully" Arnold– 0459 533 664 - firstname.lastname@example.org
BMX: Paul Fletcher - 0409 356 396 - email@example.com
Social/Recreational: Tina McDonnell and Sue Hall.
Tina – 0414 718 163 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Sue – 0427 454 730
MMBCC website administrator: Mark Calvert-Jones – email@example.com
President: John Eisner - 0428 503 437 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President: Uschi Steedman - 0427 849 777 - email@example.com
Secretary: Katie Moore - 0415 369 297 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer: Julie Dolling – 0418 106 173 - email@example.com
Handicapper: Di Condie - 0438 513 355 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Pick up a Ride Calendar from All Terrain Cycles, 58 High Street, Mansfield click on this link – www.mmbcc.org.au/road-racing