ABOUT THE CLUB
- Club Races (Thursday evenings in summer, less often in winter). Usually 20 to 30 km, usually in a handicap format so that all abilities can participate;
- Help organise (or even race in) the Mansfield Tour in March each year, a Victorian Road Series event;
- Informal training rides most Saturday and Sunday mornings;
- Informal training rides most weeknights over summer (during daylight savings).
- Use and contribute to an increasing network of local riding tracks and trails;
- Club Races (Monday evening ‘Dirt Crits’ at the Riflebutts Reserve);
- Informal training rides most weeks.
- Offering race licenses to BMX racers;
- We are working with Mansfield Shire to get a new BMX track built near town.
- Thursday night road races in summer conclude with dinner at a local pub or restaurant … or at a member’s house: ALL members are welcome! (It’s not limited just to those who race);
- Organised social rides the whole family can take part in.
- Coaching and encouragement of juniors in a safe environment … especially mountain bikes and BMX (once we get our track!)
- Join other members in having go at larger recreational rides such as Amy's Gran Fondo, Around The Bay In A Day, Alpine Classic and many more;
- Some MMBCC members also race with other clubs such as the Hume Vets;
- Graduate to State, National and International cycling: maybe you can be the next Simon Gerrans!