Saturday 21 and Sunday 22 January will again see the MMBCC host a round of the Victorian DownHill Series at Mt Buller. Yes... that's just a couple of weeks away! And just like last year's hugely successful weekend of racing, we need as many club members as possible to volunteer a few hours of their time to make the event tick over like clockwork.
• We will need a team of 15 to 20 volunteers each day
• All volunteers will receive a morning tea and lunch package each day
• Required from 8:30am Saturday for a 10:00am course opening, till 4:30pm course close
• Required from 7:00am Sunday for a 8:00am course opening, till approximately 4:30pm race finish (subject to change)
• Volunteers will be required to fill two roles:
- parking attendants
- course marshals
• issued with a MMBCC club t-shirt (blue, matches your eyes! J) for the duration of the event
• all volunteers will need to make their own way to Mt Buller (or car pool, or ride!)
• there will be a volunteer meeting at the start of each day in the Mt Buller Cinema
• all volunteers get a warm, fuzzy feeling deep down inside because they are complete legends for helping out!
Please call or SMS Ben Annear on 0424 453 789 or send him an email to put your name on the list and make this a fantastic weekend again.
Thursday night Road Racing starts thu 19 Jan
Hot off the presses... we've finally received our road race permits from VicRoads. So the Police permit will hopefully follow shortly; then we're good to go!
Now is the time to check the calendar to see when you're rostered on for duty. Have a read of this page so you'll know what to do when you are rostered on.
Now is also the time to make sure you've renewed your Cycling Australia membership. If you haven't yet renewed, here's the link. Remember, it must be a RACE membership; Ride Basic, Ride + and Non-Riding won't cut it.
Please also remember to bring your CA membership card (or receipt) to the first few races of 2017 or you could be refused entry. (Harsh but fair.)
Thursday night first aid
Rider safety is one of the most important aspects of MMBCC events. A couple of changes which we're implementing for this year's road races includes making sure we have the new defibrillator in the right spot in case one of us needs it.
Another is nominating a first aider for each race.
The club has organised three places in a first aid course on Tuesday 17 January. One has already been taken but there are still two left. It's not free but it's being offered at a much cheaper rate than usual.
If you're keen, please email Leonie to book your place.